WSL001-1 Wushu Cudgel Wax Wood Staff (2nd Generation) - 武术白蜡杆 (第二代)
- Availability: In Stock
- Product Code: wsl001-1
- Reward Points: 4
- Price in reward points: 185
Tapered White Wax WoodWhite Wax Wood is the wood of Ligustrum lucidum (Glossy Privet, Chinese Privet or Broad-leaf Privet), which has been prized in China for thousands of years. It is considered one of the best materials from which to fashion staffs, spear shafts, and walking sticks, because it is tough, hard and flexible and can absorb shock without breaking. A white waxwood staff, shaft, or walking stick is made from a sapling.
Martial artists will typically choose a piece of waxwood cut to be 6" - 9" (15 - 23 cms) above their own height, and which will have a pointed end (toward the top of the wax wood stalk) and a thicker base. Flexible for wushu training, the cudgel or wooden stick is called the "father of all weapons" meaning all other weapons were developed from it. Cudgel is played as quickly as heavy rainfall and cudgel play combines offence with defense, always changing the ways of play.The Wushu Cudgel is made up of a white wax wood, that only grows in Northern China.
This 2nd generation wax wood is better toughness with the spring-like quality.
please notice: this staff not as smooth or straight as the WSL001 ( regular wax wood staff)
5 sizes available!
- 68 inch (Teen Staff): Length 68"; Big end: 1” to 1.1/8”; Small end: 1/2" to 5/8", Weight: 14.9 oz.
- 72 inch : Length: 72"; Big end: 1” to 1.3/16”; Small end: 3/4" to 7/8", Weight: 15.5 oz.
- 75 inch : Length: 75"; Big end: 1 ” to 1.1”; Small end: 1/2" to 5/8", Weight: 1Ib 1oz. or More.
- 78 inch : Length 78" , Big End: 1.1 to 1.2", small end : 0.5 to 0.7 " , wight 1.3 oz or more.
- 84 inch: Length 84", Big End, 1.2 to 1.4" , Small end: 0.6 to 0.7", weight 1.4 oz or more.