WSL001 - Wushu Cudgel Wax Wood Staff - 武术白蜡杆
- Availability: In Stock
- Product Code: WSL001
- Reward Points: 3
- Price in reward points: 170
Tapered White Wax WoodWhite Wax Wood is the wood of Ligustrum lucidum (Glossy Privet, Chinese Privet or Broad-leaf Privet), which has been prized in China for thousands of years. It is considered one of the best materials from which to fashion staffs, spear shafts, and walking sticks, because it is tough, hard and flexible and can absorb shock without breaking. A white waxwood staff, shaft, or walking stick is made from a sapling.
Martial artists will typically choose a piece of waxwood cut to be 6" - 9" (15 - 23 cms) above their own height, and which will have a pointed end (toward the top of the wax wood stalk) and a thicker base. Flexible for wushu training, the cudgel or wooden stick is called the "father of all weapons" meaning all other weapons were developed from it. Cudgel is played as quickly as heavy rainfall and cudgel play combines offence with defense, always changing the ways of play.The Wushu Cudgel is made up of a white wax wood, that only grows in Northern China. This wood is used because of the flexibility and spring-like quality.
4 sizes available!
If you like to get the durable staff or longer length, please check the 2nd generation staff, click here
- 66 inch (Kids Staff) Length 66"; Big end: 7/8” to 1”; Small end: 1/2" to 5/8", Weight: 12.2 oz
- 68 inch (Teen Staff): Length 68"; Big end: 1” to 1.1/8”; Small end: 1/2" to 5/8", Weight: 14.9 oz.
- 72 inch : Length: 72"; Big end: 1” to 1.3/16”; Small end: 3/4" to 7/8", Weight: 15.5 oz.
- 74 inch : Length: 74"; Big end: 1” to 1.3/16”; Small end: 3/4" to 7/8", Weight: 1 Ib 2 oz.